The Bauska County in Facts and Figures
– Area: 2173 km2;
– 80.4% of the county’s territory is covered by agricultural land and 13% is covered by forests;
– Bauska Town is situated 68 km from Riga, 62 km from Jelgava, 19 km from the border of Latvia – Lithuania;
– Total length of Bauska Town streets is 37 km;
– The Bauska County borders with 5 counties (Jelgava, Olaine, Ķekava, Ogre, Aizkraukle) and the border of Lithuania;
– The Bauska County has 20 administrative units - Bauska Town, Iecava Town and Bārbele Parish, Brunava Parish, Ceraukstes Parish, Codes Parish, Dāviņi Parish, Gailīšu Parish, Iecava Parish, Īslīce Parish, Kurmene Parish, Mežotne Parish, Rundāle Parish, Skaistkalne Parish, Stelpes Parish, Svitene Parish , Vecsaule Parish, Vecumnieki Parish.
– Population of the county in 01.07.2021. was 44 252;
– Population in Bauska – 10 430;
Largest newspapers in the county: “Bauskas Dzīve”.
– 19 general education institutions,
– 7 preschool education institutions,
– 6 vocational and interests education institutions.
- Hashuri, Georgia;
- Schera, Georgia;
- Hedemora, Sweden
- Tereboda, Sweden
- Nahoda, Czech Republic;
- Pakroja, Lithuania;
- Radviliskis, Lithuania;
- Pasvale, Lithuania;
- Biržai, Lithuania;
- Ripina, Poland
- Soroka, Moldova;
- Billerbeck, Germany
- Svislach, Belarus;
- Halinga, Estonia;
- Ujigate-Trevano, Italy
The Bauska County has:
– The Bauska Nature Park which is included in the list of NATURE 2000.
– The Īslīce Nature Protected Area which is included in NATURE 2000 and is the home of the fire-bellied toads.
– the Nature Protected Area „Paņemūnes meži” which is included in NATURE 2000.
– 57 national importance cultural and historic monuments.